THE police report on the June 2 North Point passenger hoist disaster which killed 12 construction workers is likely to recommend corporate manslaughter charges against companies involved. A police source said the report into the tragedy at the site in Java Road would go before the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) next week. He said the report was likely to recommend corporate manslaughter charges. If the DPP does bring charges, it would be the first time in Hong Kong's history that a company had been charged for manslaughter. Eastern District police have released four men on bail until November 18. Corporate manslaughter charges have been brought in cases in the United Kingdom, but the most famous case, involving the capsize of the passenger ferry the Herald of Free Enterprise failed spectacularly. The Labour Department said it had yet to decide whether to bring 10 charges against people involved in the incident. The department has already charged engineer Tsui Pan, alleging he was the ''competent examiner'' of the hoist, under Section 70 (2) of the Construction Sites (Safety) Regulations which states that it is an offence for a competent examiner to knowingly deliver a false certificate to a contractor. The department has also charged the site's principal contractor, Aoki Corporation, under a number of sections of the regulations.