A housewife was stung by a scorpion believed to have found its way into a bag of arrowhead she had bought in a Tsuen Wan wet market yesterday. The woman, aged about 40, went to a wet market near her Belvedere Garden home in the morning to buy food to cook for lunch. She returned home at noon and washed the arrowhead (greenish fruit) in her kitchen's basin before cooking. As she washed them, she suddenly felt a deep pain in her right hand. She then saw a four-centimetre-long, dark-brown scorpion crawling on her hand. The shocked woman shook her hand fiercely and the creature dropped into the basin. The woman dialled '999' for the ambulance service and put the scorpion, which was by then dead, into a plastic bag so she could show it to medical staff. Ambulance officers rushed to her flat and took her to Princess Margaret Hospital, where she was treated and discharged. 'It really hurts,' the woman told reporters at the hospital. It was yet to be determined which species of scorpion had stung her. Lo Wing-lok, a doctor and former legislator, said the incident was very rare in the city but he warned that the sting of some scorpions could be fatal. He said people should call an emergency unit immediately if stung, should only wash the wound with water and should not do anything that might block the flow of blood. 'They should try to identity the creature so medical staff can treat them properly,' he said. But people should not try to catch the creature, which could be dangerous. Last September, a woman was stung by a scorpion in a fruit package bought at a Wellcome supermarket in Causeway Bay. She was given an antidote and discharged from hospital after four hours.