Hong Kong Disneyland is expected to sell 55 per cent of its tickets directly to visitors, according to the park's vice-president of marketing and sales, Roy Tan Hardy. Wholesale and travel agency bookings would take care of the remaining 45 per cent, although local agents will have to settle for a commission of only about 3 per cent on park tickets. The commission is applicable to group bookings of at least 25 people on regular weekdays. Agents will only be paid $5 per head for children aged three to 11 and seniors 65 years and over. The commission for adults will be $10. With weekday tickets priced at $210 for children and $295 for adults, the commission works out to be 2.38 per cent and 3.39 per cent, respectively. The park said no commissions would be paid for weekend and other peak day tickets. Travel agents receive a 20 per cent commission, or $37, for every $185 Ocean Park ticket they sell. There are no stipulations as to the number of people in the group, or whether the tickets are for weekday or weekend admission. Tour agency Miramar Express general manager Anna Yuen described the Disney arrangement as 'quite cheap'. Michael Wu Siu-ieng, chairman of the Hong Kong Association of Travel Agents, added that he did not expect commissions to be revised until at least six months after the park opened on September 12. 'I doubt they will adjust commissions within half a year of opening. They don't have to because they are confident business will be strong,' Mr Wu said. 'I think Disney is hoping people will buy tickets directly from them at the park.'