Two treated for inhaling insect 'repellent' An auxiliary policeman and a security guard were treated at Eastern Hospital after inhaling smoke emitted when a couple heated a pot containing sulphur to eradicate insects at their home in Chai Wan. The constable and guard, both aged 47, were called at 1.30pm after the wife, 46, and her husband, 53, panicked as smoke filled their 16th floor unit of Greenwood Terrace in Tai Man Street. The smoke dispersed after firemen opened the windows. The security guard is still in hospital. Policewoman critical after suicide attempt A policewoman was fighting for her life after swallowing sleeping tablets in a suicide attempt at home in Yuen Long yesterday. The senior inspector, 35, was found in a semi-conscious state inside her bedroom in the Casa Paradizo house in San Tam Road at 1pm. A will note was found on a table. Her mother, 58, called the police. Mainland Woman arrested after attacking officers A 59-year-old woman from the mainland on a two-way permit was arrested in Central yesterday after attacking two uniformed police officers. Police said she attacked the policemen as they were about to arrest her for begging at 11am on a walkway near the International Finance Centre. One was injured in his left hand and abdomen; another had both his hands injured. They have been discharged from hospital. Boy hurt in car crash A nine-year-old Nepalese boy's right leg was injured when he was hit by a car at the junction of Saigon Street and Shanghai Street in Yau Ma Tei just before 1pm. He was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital where he was treated and later discharged. sea Swimmer injured A swimmer hurt his right hand when he was hit by the propeller of a motorised sampan in Tai She Wan off High Island, Sai Kung, at 4pm. The man, 35, was taken to Tseung Kwan O Hospital.