The organiser of the July 1 march sees no need to revise its estimated turnout of 21,000, despite discontent from marchers who said it was inaccurate. Civil Human Rights Front convenor Chong Yiu-kwong admitted the way the figure was announced had been unsatisfactory but stood firm on the figure itself. 'Perhaps we should have waited for the Professional Teachers Union to finish their headcount before we announced the final figure. If we didn't do it well this time, we will do better next time,' he said. Members of the union had been asked to count the number of people marching. Because of a misunderstanding, the front announced before the march was over that 45,000 had taken part. It later revised the figure to 21,000. There may have been fewer marchers, but they dug deeper into their pockets than ever before, marking the highest per capita contribution since 500,000 marched in 2003. Vice-convenor Bobo Yip Po-lam said more than $200,000 had been raised last Friday - about $10 for everyone who took part. In 2003, the front raised about $500,000, or $1 per head. Last year, when organisers said up to 500,000 marched, $800,000 was raised. Nevertheless, Ms Yip said the front was facing a financial crisis. 'Our reserves can support our activities for about six months, and there is a real danger that we will run out of money. We need more donations to continue promoting democracy and social rights.'