Chopping victim Shum Ho-yin is continuing his recovery in hospital, and is learning to write with his left hand. But the process is slow and visitors to seven-year-old Ho-yin's bedside say he is becoming increasingly frustrated by his inability to write and his long stay in hospital. 'He has tried to write with his left hand but it is difficult for him. Sometimes he becomes a bit irritated,' said Tsuen Wan district councillor Sumly Chan Yuen-sum, who visited Ho-yin on Sunday. Doctors have started tests on Ho-yin's right hand, asking him to move his fingers one by one. It is still unclear when he will be discharged from the hospital because his father is still waiting for confirmation that they will be able to move to another estate. Mr Chan said Ho-yin was still unwilling to talk in detail about last month's attack at the Lei Muk Shue estate. 'He might have watched some media reports and know something about the incident, but he was a bit impatient when it was mentioned,' he said. Mr Chan said Ho-yin was becoming increasingly bored with his stay in hospital due to limited space for him to move around. But the youngster has been cheered by the flowers, greeting cards and gifts from the public that have been flooding into the hospital since he was attacked. Detectives have also been taking phone calls from the public asking them to pass on their best wishes. Pop star Kelly Chen Wai-lam also made his day by paying a surprise visit. Meanwhile, two males, aged 16 and 22, appeared in Tsuen Wan Court yesterday in connection with the attack on Ho-yin 12 days ago in the public housing estate. Tsang Ho-wai, 22, and a 16-year-old have jointly been charged with conspiring with other people to wound the boy on August 25 outside Block 5 on the estate. No pleas were taken. Principal Magistrate Tong Man adjourned the case to September 30 and remanded both in custody.