A worker at the Indonesian consulate in Causeway Bay received a death threat via a mobile phone text message a day before the Bali bombing, police confirmed yesterday. Police believe the threat was personal, rather than aimed at the consulate, and was not connected to the explosions in Bali on October 1. The victim deleted the SMS message - which is understood to have read: 'I will kill you' - before reporting the incident. Police hope they may be able to retrieve the message and the sender's information from the service provider. After initially denying any threat had been received, the Indonesian consulate last night confirmed that one of its consuls 'had received several 'unknown caller' calls and a 'death threat' SMS message on Friday'. 'The Indonesian consul has reported this matter to the Hong Kong Police Force and the police have taken necessary measures to handle this matter,' a consulate spokesman said. He added that the threat had not been sent to Consul-General Paiman Turnip. Police are investigating a second threat against a consulate official after Japanese Consul-General Takanori Kitamura was sent an envelope on Tuesday containing a threatening letter and white powder, which the sender claimed was anthrax. Police said yesterday they had not yet identified the powder, but confirmed it was not anthrax or any other biological agent, saying it was not harmful. Michio Harada, head of policy planning at the consulate, said he believed the letter was mailed in Hong Kong. 'We don't know who sent it. It was written in Chinese.' He said the consulate had received several letters in recent months demanding the Japanese 'repent the war', but it was the first time white powder had been sent.