The father of a three-year-old girl who was stranded in Guangzhou for almost a week after her mother plunged to her death says he wants to take his daughter 'home' to live with her mainland grandparents as soon as possible. Ng Yuet-sing made the remarks as he visited his daughter for the first time since the tragedy, in the Po Leung Kuk home where she has stayed since her return to Hong Kong on Saturday. The casual restaurant worker was accompanied by a Federation of Trade Unions representative. Afterwards, Mr Ng said he made the trip after learning his daughter had begged social workers to take her to see him. 'While there, I told her that once I have settled the matter with the social services I would take her back to the mainland to be with her grandparents,' he said. Mr Ng said he had just returned from a trip to Guangzhou to settle arrangements after his wife's death, which he said had devastated him. 'I really love both my wife and daughter, as we only had her after seven years of marriage and after a Buddhist master told us to perform more good deeds,' he said. He criticised media reports that portrayed him as a mean father as he and the unionist denied bruises were found on the girl. 'When I met my daughter today, I did not see any bruises on her. In fact, she was very well-behaved, which made me very relieved. This means both the Po Leung Kuk and social workers have been doing a good job,' he said. Mr Ng repeated that his wife - who he said suffered from psychosis - had disappeared several times, but always returned. The Social Welfare Department officer overseeing the case said: 'We have discussed with Mr Ng the arrangements to look after his daughter and will submit the report to the court as soon as possible.' The department had earlier sought a protection order from the Court of First Instance to award it custodial authority over the girl.