Nine of the less severely injured land in HK, and the government offers financial help and counselling The first nine of the Hong Kong survivors of the Egyptian bus crash returned yesterday, with the government pledging to provide any assistance they need, including psychological counselling, to cope with the tragedy. Ambulances and social workers met the injured and six accompanying relatives on the airport tarmac when their flight touched down at about 5pm. The survivors were taken directly to Princess Margaret and Queen Elizabeth hospitals for treatment. The Home Affairs director, Pamela Tan Kam Mei-wah, was also there and said the government would offer financial and emotional support. 'We will co-ordinate all the government departments to help them,' she said. 'We hope all the families affected can overcome their difficulties as quickly as possible and adjust to their new lives. 'Apart from the physical injuries needing to be treated, there are also emotional and psychological aspects that need help, so assistance will be provided by professional social workers and counsellors from the Social Welfare Department.' The Education and Manpower Bureau has contacted schools with pupils involved in the accident and its psychologists will offer assistance. Fourteen people died in the crash on Tuesday when their speeding bus ran off a highway in southern Egypt. Twenty-nine were injured. The nine who returned yesterday suffered relatively less serious injuries. Nine people with more serious injuries have been transferred to hospitals in Paris and Zurich. 'All of the tour members who are still hospitalised are seriously injured but in stable condition,' said Jetour operations director Thomas Chau Wing-keung. 'Our working team is continuously following up on their recovery.' The other tour members who were declared fit to travel will depart for Hong Kong today after being taken from the resort town of Hurghada to Cairo on a chartered flight. It is expected all of the Hongkongers involved will return home by Tuesday. The tourists returning yesterday were accompanied by Anna Wong Kam-ling, who was one of four immigration officers sent to Egypt after the crash. She said their work in Egypt, which included identifying the victims, had been made difficult by the language barrier. They found that medical workers there had mixed up the names of some of the injured with the dead. The immigration officers also encountered difficulties in confirming the identities of some victims from their passport photos because of the severe extent of their injuries. The three remaining immigration officials in Egypt will be joined by two more colleagues, who left Hong Kong shortly after midnight yesterday.