Firemen and officials investigate a report of a gas leak at the Ngau Tau Kok estate hit by a fatal gas blast last month. The alert turned out to be a false alarm. A section of road outside Wai King Building in Jordan Valley North Road was sealed off for hours as firemen, gas company staff and workers from the Drainage Services Department spent hours trying to locate the source of a smell which was reported at 3.45pm. The investigators checked every manhole cover as well as the drains around the scene for leaks. But no gas leak was found and the operation was called off shortly before 7pm.