The survivors of a bus crash in Egypt in which 14 Hong Kong tourists died in January are banding together to sue the travel agent who organised the trip. Victims and relatives of the dead and injured are furious that they have been given little or no help almost four months after the tragedy on January 31. Despite numerous inquiries, the Egyptian, Hong Kong and mainland authorities have been unable to explain what happened to the bus driver, who was arrested and detained after the crash. A decision on whether he would be charged or freed was supposed to have been taken within 45 days of the accident. Survivor Leung Ping-yeung, whose wife died in the tragedy, said it was outrageous that the tour operator - Jetour Holiday - had stopped communicating with them after they returned to Hong Kong. Most of the 30 survivors would join the legal action and planned to appoint a law firm this month to represent them, Mr Leung said. Another survivor, Ivy Chan Yuk-kwan, said it was incredible that they had not been informed of the results of the investigation almost four months after the accident. 'At the very least, we need to be told what has happened to the driver,' Ms Chan said. The tour bus carrying 44 people in a Jetour group overturned on Safaga Highway on the way from Hurghada to Luxor. Jetour managing director Ronnie Ho Pak-ting had said his company would not provide financial support to the victims before the results of an investigation were released. Last week, Mr Ho, who is also the chairman of the Travel Industry Council, said: 'We are yet to receive from the Egyptian authorities the latest on the investigation.' Legal experts said a travel agency could provide financial support to victims without incurring liability if it stated clearly the money was being given on compassionate grounds rather than as compensation. But Mr Ho told the Sunday Morning Post : 'This is other lawyers' advice, which we are under no obligation whatsoever to follow.' The Post has in the past couple of months made repeated phone calls to the Egyptian consulate in Hong Kong, the Immigration Department and the Tourist Police Department and the Chinese Embassy in Cairo. While the Chinese embassy in Cairo did not reply to Post inquiries, the Egyptian consulate had no knowledge of what was going on. The Immigration Department said it was not responsible for communicating with the authorities in another jurisdiction.