Updated at 5.40pm: Democratic Party legislator Albert Ho Chun-yan left hospital on Thursday after fours days of treatment for injuries received when he was battered by thugs in a busy fast-food restaurant on Sunday. Wearing a pair of sunglasses after undergoing an eye surgery earlier, Mr Ho told reporters on Thursday he would take a rest at home before returning to work on Friday. ?Everything will return to normal,? he said as he left Queen Mary Hospital. Mr Ho, 55, who is vice-chairman of the Democratic Party, has said he believes the attack was connected to his work as a lawmaker and solicitor. He said he has been handling lawsuits which would ?jeopardise the interests of triads?, such as land disputes and debt collection. ?The attack will not affect my work and I will not bow to pressure,? he said. Mr Ho said he wanted to return to his law office as soon as he could to boost the morale of his staff. He said they had been under considerable stress since the attack. The brutal assault took place on Sunday when Mr Ho was eating in the McDonald?s outlet in Central after attending a protest against the proposed goods and services tax. Three to four men, wearing caps, stormed in and beat Mr Ho with baseball bats and batons. Mr Ho suffered head and face injuries and his nose was broken. Mr Ho said he would decide whether to seek police protection after discussing the matter with his family. It would not be good for his eyes to read too many documents at the moment, Mr Ho said, so he might have to re-arrange his work schedule. He also expressed gratitude to medical staff for their care and to the public for their regards. The assault has drawn condemnation from all sides in the territory. Chief Executive Donald Tsang Yam-kuen and fellow politicians called it an affront to the rule of law. Police have said they are taking the case very seriously and have already some clues, but they have yet to arrest the assailants. Some Hong Kong media have speculated that the attack was linked to Mr Ho?s role in a lawsuit against Macau casino mogul Stanley Ho Hung-sun. Stanley Ho, 85, is involved in a legal battle against his sister, Winnie Ho Yuen-ki, who has hired Albert Ho as her legal counsel. She is challenging the legitimacy of a planned HK$15 billion initial public offering of Stanley Ho?s gaming flagship Sociedade de Jogos de Macau (SJM). ?How am I related?? Stanley Ho said when questioned by journalists about the beating. Asked whether his subordinates had been involved, Stanley Ho said: ?That?s absolutely impossible. I have never met him. You don?t say I know a person by just having seen him on TV.? ?Lawsuits have nothing to do with violence. Lawsuits are very common and [Winnie Ho] always lost. Now that she has hired [Albert Ho], I am really very eager to take the challenge,? he said.