A man died and four people were injured in a fire in a building in Mong Kok last night. The blaze broke out at about 7.15pm in a flat on the 13th floor of Hung Kwong Building in Tung Choi Street. Police said the flat was used by off-duty workers from a sushi restaurant on the ground floor. They said someone in the flat was pouring alcohol from a large can into small cans when it spilled on the floor and was accidentally ignited by a burning cigarette. Firemen took 30 minutes to put out the fire. When they searched the flat they found the badly burned body of a man in the bedroom. They suspect he was a 21-year-old worker at the restaurant, surnamed Lo. Another man, 19, and a woman, 18, escaped from the flat with burn injuries and were taken to Kwong Wah Hospital. They were reported to be in satisfactory and stable conditions respectively last night. A girl aged 16 and a woman, 56, were also taken to hospital suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation. About 30 people had to flee to safety, with about a dozen taking temporary shelter on the roof. 'It was complete chaos as everyone was fleeing - dogs, elderly, and people in wheelchairs,' one said. Kowloon South fire services department divisional officer Yau Wai-keung said the blaze had broken out in the middle of the living room, blocking the exit and preventing the deceased's escape.