Guest speakers on an outdoor live show broadcast by unlicensed Citizens' Radio in Mong Kok early this month were defiant yesterday in the face of possible prosecution. They vowed to ignore a letter from the Office of the Telecommunications Authority (Ofta) inviting them to help with an investigation into whether broadcasting laws had been broken. Those who received the letter also vowed to press ahead with a live show outside Ofta's headquarters in Wan Chai to be broadcast on 102.8FM at 7pm tomorrow. They include former radio-show hosts Claudia Mo Man-ching, Peter Lam Yuk-wah, Wong Yuk-man and Leung Man-to, legislators Lee Wing-tat, Lee Cheuk-yan and 'Long Hair' Leung Kwok-hung, and station convenor Tsang Kin-shing. The 'notice of investigation', asked them to set up a meeting with the office within 14 days in relation to an investigation into a violation of sections of the Telecommunication Ordinance. It was sent on October 5, a day after the live show in the Mong Kok pedestrian area. The ordinance states it is a criminal offence for anyone to operate a radio transmitter without a licence, or for anyone to deliver any message on that transmitter. A spokeswoman for Ofta said yesterday those receiving the notice did not need to reply. But if the investigation found substantial evidence, the office would press charges, she said. The station applied for a licence when it launched in September last year but this has not been granted. The latest move by the authorities is another blow to the station, after Ofta seized its equipment twice - in August and last Friday - and arrested Mr Tsang, who is nicknamed 'The Bull'. Mr Leung said yesterday: 'Why all these hassles when we have already done all the application procedures? They are forcing us to go against the law.' He said he would lead a judicial review soon against the Broadcasting Authority over the lack of progress on the application. A Commerce, Industry and Technology Bureau spokeswoman said the government was still processing the application by Citizens' Radio and had no comment on the proposed judicial review.