Three men, including a suspended police constable, will be lined up in an identification parade today after being arrested on suspicion of involvement in an attack on the leader of a minibus association. The 43-year-old constable and two men aged 42 and 43 were arrested on Tuesday, nearly 50 days after Leung Hung, 70, chairman of the Hong Kong, Kowloon and New Territories Public and Maxicab Light Bus Merchants' United Association, was attacked in Sham Shui Po by two men with metal bars. A car suspected to have links with the case was impounded by police. A police source said it was owned by the arrested policeman. Deputy Commissioner of Police (Operations) Tang King-shing confirmed yesterday that one of the suspects was a police constable. 'The policeman had been suspended from duty before the arrest,' he said, refusing to reveal further details. A police spokesman said the three suspects had been released on bail ranging from HK$1,000 to HK$5,000 each and had to report to Kowloon City police station today for the identity parade. He said police were still investigating the motive for the attack. A police source said the constable had been suspended from duty for a few months after being accused of involvement in another criminal case. The arrests were made after investigators from Kowloon West regional crime unit identified a car reported to have been seen near the scene of the attack in Yen Chow Street. 'The car was seen circling the scene of the crime before the attack. We are still looking for a number of people in connection with the case,' the source said. On August 3 Mr Leung was returning to his office in Tak Po Building in Yen Chow Street when he was attacked on the staircase between the ground and first floors. He received five stitches in the forehead and spent four days in hospital after the attack. Yesterday Mr Leung said police had advised him of the arrests on Wednesday and asked him to attend an identity parade at Kowloon City police station today to see if he can point out the culprits. He said the attack had not affected his work with the association and he would continue to fight for the interests of minibus drivers and owners. 'I had not received any threats before the attack. I have no idea why I was attacked,' Mr Leung said.