Organisers in a spin after receiving 13,000 entries for December's showpiece Hong Kong will not cut the record size of its squad to the Doha Asian Games, even if it is requested by besieged organisers. The games are in chaos as organisers have received 13,000 entries, but the facilities can only accommodate 11,000 people. Pang Chung, secretary general of the Sports Federation & Olympic Committee, said yesterday they had yet to receive the green light from Doha on the final number of the Hong Kong delegation. 'We know time is running short, but we have not heard anything about the list we submitted despite our repeated requests,' said Pang at a press conference for tomorrow's Asian Games torch relay to be held in Hong Kong. 'We heard the organisers are facing problems of providing accommodation for all the entries submitted by the teams and they are still trying to work out a solution. 'Perhaps that's why we have yet to receive the confirmation. 'But Hong Kong won't reduce numbers because those on the list are competitive enough and the numbers of coaching and support staff members have already been reduced to a minimum.' Hong Kong has submitted a 368-strong team - 281 athletes and 87 officials - for the December 1-15 event in Qatar. The squad, along with the administrative and medical staff, will number around 400, making it the largest to leave Hong Kong. For the first time at the Asian Games, Doha organisers will pay for accommodation and the cost of meals - an expense which previously had to be partly borne by individual national Olympic committees. This has allowed many teams, including Hong Kong, to assemble such a large squad. There also are reports that Japan, which will be represented by 628 athletes (352 men and 276 women), 183 officials and 96 support staff, will bring its own sleeping bags if there is insufficient accommodation for its large delegation. Pang said organisers were trying to work out a longer playing schedule so those who bow out early in the games will be asked to leave, freeing accommodation for athletes taking part in later events. Although the opening ceremony is on December 1, many events will start as early as November 28. The organisers have already said the schedule for shooting will be revised to account for an increase in entries. Meanwhile, the Asian Games torch comes to Hong Kong for the first time tomorrow and tenpin bower Wu Siu-hong has been selected as the first athlete to carry the torch in a 24-leg relay. A team of leading athletes, including Athens men's table tennis doubles silver medallists Ko Lai-chak and Li Ching, will participate in the relay, from Tsim Sha Tsui to Wan Chai, including a boat journey across Victoria Harbour in the government's Tin Hau Vessel. Ko and Li will then run the final leg together at Golden Bauhina Square. Local organisers said they were not worried about security during the relay because Hong Kong was a civilised city. Nicole Brown, media relations spokesperson for the relay, said trained escort runners would protect the torch bearers. The torch relay, which was inaugurated at the third Asian Games in 1958, will be the longest in Asian Games history, travelling to 15 countries and regions over 55 days. The torch was in Macau yesterday.