A man accused of being behind a chopping attack on a 7-year-old boy has denied he had anything to do with the attack. Tsang Ho-wai, a former boyfriend of the boy's stepmother, gave evidence in the Court of First Instance yesterday, denying any involvement in or prior knowledge of the attack on Shum Ho-yin. Tsang previously pleaded not guilty to a charge of wounding with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm in the attack, carried out by two masked men in Tsuen Wan on August 25 last year. He attempted to refute testimony from two teenagers who have pleaded guilty to the attack that places him at the centre of the plan to chop off the boy's hand. The plan was allegedly put together at the behest of Hung Man-yee, the boy's stepmother. Questioned about allegations from 17-year-old Lo Ka-ho - who has pleaded guilty to carrying out the attack on Ho-yin - that he had planned and organised the chopping, Tsang said it was not so. He said he had no idea about the plan until told of the chopping by Lo two days after the event, when the two were in Shenzhen. Lo has also pleaded guilty to assaulting the boy in July last year. Curious as to how Lo, who normally only carried 'a few $10 notes', had suddenly come into some money, Tsang said he kept asking him until the 17-year-old confessed to having helped chop someone in exchange for HK$9,000. The trial continues today before Deputy High Court Judge Peter Line.