Food safety officials have not ruled out more prosecutions against other shops that sold oilfish mislabelled as cod after ParknShop was served two summonses yesterday. Public concern was sparked in January when at least 14 ParknShop customers suffered diarrhoea after eating the fish, which contains waxy deposits that some people cannot digest. The Centre for Food Safety received more than 700 inquiries and complaints. ParknShop, Wellcome, frozen food shops and restaurants said they had unwittingly sold the oilfish as cod. A spokesman yesterday said the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department had 'completed an investigation of a case'. The summonses were served yesterday against A.S. Watson Group (HK) for contravening two sections of the Public Health and Municipal Services Ordinance. The two summonses relate to selling food 'which is not of the nature or quality of the food demanded by the purchaser' and a label 'calculated to mislead as to its nature, substance or quality'. 'This is the first prosecution. As the investigation is still ongoing, we would not rule out the possibility of future prosecutions,' the department spokesman said. A ParknShop spokeswoman said the company received the summonses yesterday and was considering its legal options. Meanwhile, a government paper suggested outsourcing part of the Centre for Food Safety's food analysis work amid an increased caseload. The Health, Welfare and Food Bureau said outsourcing could 'free up the Government Laboratory's resources for more complex and crucial analytical duties that require a higher level of expertise'. The government paper will be discussed at a meeting of the Legislative Council's food safety and environmental hygiene panel on Tuesday. In January, the Government Laboratory commissioned a six-month study from the Efficiency Unit to identify outsourcing opportunities. In order to improve the processing and monitoring of prosecution cases, the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department will enhance the existing manual monitoring mechanism with a computerised platform that will be ready in three months. The new system will store summons details, including key dates, the progress of cases and action on parties, and it will be capable of being updated online. The department has dropped 33 cases over the past three years because prosecutions were not carried out within the statutory six months. The ombudsman last month accused department staff of misleading complainants and witnesses about why the cases had been dropped.