Seven activists, including legislator 'Long Hair' Leung Kwok-hung, were barred from entering Macau yesterday to attend two demonstrations to protest against police handling of the Labour Day rally in the city. Ten members of April Fifth Action Group and another concern group went to Macau and only three were allowed to enter. 'We arrived at the checkpoint at noon and 30 minutes later we were back at the ferry pier again,' Mr Leung said. 'A Macau duty officer told us we were not allowed to go to Macau, and only three of us could get through the border check and enter the city. Seven of us were told to go back to Hong Kong and were escorted to the ferry pier. 'I am sure the Macau authorities have blacklisted us, otherwise the frontline officers wouldn't do this to us. I asked the officer under which law we were not allowed to go to Macau. The officer said he was acting on orders from above.' On Labour Day, a Macau police officer fired five gunshots during a protest march. A bullet fragment was removed from the chest of a man injured when the shots were fired. Mr Leung said the group planned to submit a petition to Macau Chief Executive Edmund Ho Hau-wah and the central government's liaison office there to protest over the government's support for police officers to open fire, and to demand the authorities carry out an investigation. They also were scheduled to join a sit-in. 'I have been barred from entering Macau four to five times when officials of the central government visited Macau as I wanted to protest during their stay there,' Mr Leung said. He said it was the first time he had planned to join a protest against Mr Ho. 'This incident shows there is no law in Macau. Mr Ho can just do whatever he wants,' Mr Leung said. He said he would seek help from the Immigration Department today and asked the Hong Kong authorities to ask their Macau counterparts why seven Hong Kong citizens had been denied entry. 'I will go to Macau to join their protest on June 1 to mark the one-month anniversary of the Labour Day protest. I hope nothing like this will happen again,' he said. The Macau government information service could not be reached for comment yesterday.