Is Rush Hour 3 about to get stuck in a mainland gridlock? According to film trade publication Variety, the second sequel to the popular Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker movie did not impress mainland censors with its prominent triad storyline which officials at Beijing's film bureau apparently consider 'fundamentally anti-Chinese'. Although the censorship committee said the Hollywood blockbuster (due out in North America on August 10 and in Hong Kong on August 16) had not been banned but was still under review, the report, citing sources close to the film, said the movie would not likely be given a general release rating on the mainland. This is not the first time China's favourite son has run afoul of censors in the motherland. His Hong Kong flick Rob-B-Hood drew similar frowns last year because Chan's character was considered too villainous at one point. It seems Beijing wants Jackie Chan to just play nice, happy heroes. The Variety article lists Edko as the local film distributor and quotes its boss, Bill Kong Chi-keung, as saying: 'China has seen this kind of stuff before. I'm certain it will get a release.' The movie is actually being released in Hong Kong by Celestial Pictures.