Manoel Nunes yesterday withdrew his resignation as a club jockey, citing Wednesday night's winning double and an outpouring of support as the key reasons behind his change of heart. Nunes, 32, gave the Jockey Club notice of his intention to leave earlier in the week and confirmed his request to be released from his club jockey contract on Thursday morning. But yesterday, Nunes acceded to the overtures of a number of supporters and chose to play on, giving the club a firm commitment to see it out to the end of the season. 'The words of [trainer] John Moore after I won the final race on Wednesday night for him on Sea Treasure really touched me,' Nunes (pictured) said. 'Sean Woods has been very good to me also, and has given me a lot of support. But there were a number of other people who encouraged me, and I'm very grateful for that. 'Riding a double on Wednesday night could be just the thing I need to turn things around and get some momentum going. So I've decided to stay. I feel a little bit embarrassed about it all, but the more important thing now is to let the owners and trainers know I am still here, that I'm keen and ready for work.' Licensing secretary Kim Kelly last night said that although the papers for the termination of Nunes' contracts had already been circulated among committee members, he'd discussed the issue with executive director of racing Bill Nader and expected the formal acceptance of Nunes' change of mind would be 'a mere formality'. Nunes won 37 races last season but had landed just eight prior to his Wednesday night two-timer. However, with the Jockey Club having lost two other top-grade lightweights in Shane Dye and Anthony Delpech, there is a good opportunity for Nunes to pick up some additional support. Nunes was previously champion jockey of Brazil, but left South America six years ago with the dream of making it in Asia.