Two residents from the Hong Kong Paralympic Village have contracted norovirus and been admitted to hospital, the Centre for Health Protection said. The women, aged 19 and 53, had developed gastroenteritis symptoms including vomiting and diarrhoea on Sunday and Monday, and were admitted to Prince of Wales Hospital and Princess Margaret Hospital on Monday and yesterday respectively. They were stable last night. Laboratory tests yielded positive results to norovirus, a common cause of viral gastroenteritis. The centre said the cases had no obvious link. Meanwhile, another female Paralympic Village resident, 57, who presented similar symptoms yesterday and was admitted to Princess of Margaret Hospital in stable condition, tested negative for the virus. The 'village', in the Royal Park Hotel, Sha Tin, has been disinfected.