Officials try to contact family of HK man who died in Fujian fire Immigration officers are trying to contact the family of a Hong Kong man who lost his life in a blaze in Fujian on Saturday. The 26-year-old man was among 15 people who died in a Latin-style bar in Changle . At least 22 others were injured in the blaze, which was believed to have been started by revellers who set off fireworks at their table. Mainland authorities said it was suspected that the bar was being operated without a licence. Obscenity review receives almost 19,000 submissions More than 18,800 submissions were received in the four-month obscenity review exercise which ended on Saturday, the Commerce and Economic Development Bureau said. A spokesman said it would prepare more concrete proposals to improve the regulatory regime in the second-round consultation. 'The feedback has helped us gain a better understanding of the community's concerns and expectations on the regulation of obscene and indecent articles distributed over various media platforms,' the spokesman said. Wan Chai councillor denies making fraudulent claims Wan Chai district councillor Kennedy Lee Kai-hung denied making fraudulent claims of HK$38,500 for his office's operational expenses by falsifying records of assistants' wages. Lee pleaded not guilty in the District Court to seven charges of fraud. Defence barrister Wong Ching-yu SC told the court he would apply tomorrow for the prosecution to be stayed. Government hopes to shorten sales period for HOS flats Consultation or formalities concerning the sale of Home Ownership Scheme flats could be shortened so that flats can be sold after their prices are fixed, after the worst response so far to an HOS sale in December. Critics attributed the poor sale to high prices, which were set before the full impact of the global economic slowdown hit the market. At present, it takes about two months for flats to be put on offer after prices are set because of the need for formal approval and consultation. Housing Minister Eva Cheng told legislators the government would look into ways to shorten the period. Number of mainland visitors rises during Lunar New Year The number of mainland visitors to Hong Kong during the Lunar New Year holiday between January 25 and 31 rose by 5.1 per cent to 497,332 compared to the same period last year, the Immigration Department said. A Hong Kong Tourism Board spokeswoman said the increase revealed the strong potential of the mainland market. To attract more tourists to Hong Kong, she said, the board would target promotions for Shenzhen residents and those from second-tier mainland cities located outside Guangdong. New household spending survey The government will carry out a household spending survey on Comprehensive Social Security Assistance recipients from October this year to September next year. The survey is carried out every five years to update the weighting system of the Social Security Assistance Index of Prices, which reflects the impact of price changes on welfare recipients.