Guangdong police yesterday announced that 13 suspects had been detained after the deadly factory fight between Uygur and Han workers that has been blamed by some for inciting the violence in Urumqi . Separately, police said they also detained two people last week accused of spreading rumours online alleging that Han women working at the factory had been raped by Uygurs. The rumour had triggered the deadly ethnic clash in the factory in Shaoguan, police said. Xinhua did not specify the ethnicity of the two people detained. The deputy director of the Shaoguan Public Security Bureau, Liu Guoqiang, said three of the 13 brawl suspects were Uygurs and the rest were 'people from other regions', according to Xinhua. However, an official at the provincial Commission of Politics and Law said it was hard to find evidence, as so many people were involved. The factory belongs to Early Light International (Holdings), which is owned by Hong Kong tycoon Francis Choi Chi-ming. It had 16,000 workers, but to help with the economic development in Xinjiang it was encouraged by Guangdong authorities to recruit 800 migrants from Kashgar in May and June. Guangdong police said two Uygurs died and 120 workers were injured in the fight on June 26. Most of the injured were Uygurs. Yesterday was the first time in nearly two weeks that Guangdong police released information on the brawl, and it came after overseas Uygur groups had labelled the fight the main cause of the riots in Urumqi. To avoid further trouble, Shaoguan authorities had sent more than 600 Uygur workers, who had not been injured, from the factory to temporary accommodation immediately after the fight. Li Xiaolin of Shaoguan's government news office told the South China Morning Post that 707 Uygurs had resumed work yesterday at another Early Light factory in the city, in Baitu town. He said all workers from Xinjiang would stay in the new factory, dozens of kilometres away from the factory where the fight occurred. It remained unclear whether there would be Han workers in the same factory as the Uygurs. Mr Li said it would be much easier for the Baitu factory to take care of the Xinjiang workers, 'who have different living and eating habits'. He said that as of yesterday morning, about 40 workers were still being treated at a hospital in Shaoguan. More than 30 were Uygurs. Sources in Shaoguan suggested more than two workers might have died in the fight. But Mr Li said these were 'rumours with ulterior motives'. Of the 800 Uygur workers from Kashgar, about 750 have either returned to work or were in hospital, aside from the two who had died. On the whereabouts of the other 50 or so, Mr Li would only say: 'They might have gone back home.' Workers involved in the fight were not permitted to talk to the media. A staff member at Yuebei People's Hospital, where the injured workers were being treated, confirmed that all were in stable condition but declined to provide any further details. An employee at Early Light's Baitu factory said only top leaders of the city could approve interviews. Mr Li explained that many media wanted to interview the Ugyurs but the government did not want to bother them any more. 'If you go to interview the workers, we will have to find interpreters for you, accompanied by police officers,' he said. 'And the workers themselves might not want to talk to you at this moment. 'Even if they want to praise our policies, they might not dare to say it publicly after seeing what has happened in their hometown,' Mr Li said in reference to the riots that have left at least 156 people dead.