Sex-photo-scandal star Edison Chen Koon-hei denied rumours that he was banned from a fund-raiser on Monday for Taiwan's flood victims. 'I am currently in the US,' Chen (right) said in a phone interview. 'If you don't believe me, you can check my travel records. I never planned to return to Hong Kong for the fund-raiser because I knew it would affect others. 'Even if I were to return to Hong Kong, I would only be doing behind-the-scenes stuff like having meetings with my staff [at Clot Media],' Chen said. He added that he was very concerned about the flood victims and had already donated money through other channels. Rumours surfaced this week that Chen was scheduled to perform at the Artistes 8.8 Fund-raising Campaign held at AsiaWorld-Expo on Monday, but that the organiser objected to his presence. The four-and-a-half-hour-long fund-raiser was attended by more than 300 local, mainland and Taiwanese stars, and raised more than HK$50 million. Local television station TVB said they were told Chen would appear on stage at some point during the live broadcast and that they had his Chinese name ready to appear on screen if he did show up. Veteran actor-producer Eric Tsang Chi-wai, the main organiser of the event, said he never received a request from Chen to attend the show. 'But if he did attend, he would have been welcomed as would anyone wanting to support the flood victims,' Tsang said.