Two young boys are reported kidnapped for ransom and killed, while three other schoolchildren survive abductions or attempted snatchings. A woman is seen trying to lure pupils into a car. Worried parents - and schools themselves - send phone text messages urging families to pay special attention to children's safety and whereabouts. Every afternoon, many young parents, especially those with children in primary schools, leave work early and wait outside schools to take their offspring home. Now people in Shenzhen want to hear what authorities are doing about the criminals targeting their children. They accuse police of negligence and being indifferent to the crimes. 'We just want to make sure these are real kidnappings happening in Shenzhen's schools. Truth or just rumours? We also need guidelines from the government on how to protect our children,' one mother said this week. Police released a short statement on Monday saying authorities had launched an 80-day campaign on November 23 to focus on safety in the areas close to schools, newspaper The Southern Metropolis News reported. The statement made no mention of the kidnappings. Yesterday police said a man had been arrested in Longgang district for sending a parent a text message demanding 23,500 yuan (HK$26,600) or he would kidnap their child. Media outlets have reported five kidnaps or kidnap attempts on city schoolchildren in six months. An 11-year-old boy was abducted by three men on October 24 as he left a school during the lunch break. His parents, both top executives of a state-supported enterprise, received a call from the kidnappers demanding US$500,000. They paid the ransom and police arrested the kidnappers, but found the boy had already been killed. Last month at Yuanling Primary School, a boy was abducted and later killed by his uncle, according to The Southern Metropolis News. Last week, several pupils at Xinzhou Primary School in Futian district reported a middle-aged woman holding a doll was trying to lure pupils into a car. In July, another boy was recovered unhurt after 15 days in the hands of his abductors. Cao Zongkai , 11, went missing on June 24 on his way home from school, the newspaper reported. The kidnappers phoned his parents on July 4 to demand a ransom of 1.9 million yuan and sent them a picture of Dengkai blindfolded. They agreed to make a 200,000 yuan down payment. Nanshan police traced the kidnappers' phone to a flat in the city's Baoan district which they raided, and rescued the boy.