Two men pleaded guilty in a Shenzhen court yesterday to abducting and murdering a schoolboy whose body was found in a suitcase two days after his kidnapping. Prosecutors told the Shenzhen Intermediate Court to hand down a severe punishment as it was the first court hearing over kidnapping cases. The boy's parents demanded 670,000 yuan (HK760,000) in compensation from the three suspects. The court did not hand down a verdict after the three-hour hearing. Other abductions in the city have targeted children leaving school, but the case that went to trial yesterday was more of a family matter. The prosecutors said 12-year-old Li Wenxuan was taken from his home in Baoan district by a relative named Wang Peng and two other men on April 3. Two of them took him to the town of Humen and telephoned his mother demanding 200,000 yuan. Wenxuan's father is a product engineer at a stationery factory in Baoan, and his mother owns a beauty and hair salon. Wang had been fired from his job at a toy factory in Shenzhen for stealing and Wenxuan's parents did not respect him. The court heard Wang met the boy at the home of an uncle and told him to return to his own home. That cleared the way for Luo Wenjie and Zheng Tao to abduct him and stuff him in a suitcase. When they discovered that the boy had suffocated to death, they threw the suitcase from a highway into bushes outside Dongguan , where the body was found two days later. 'When police found my son, he was still in a sitting position as though he had just been put in the suitcase,' said his mother, Zhong Yuping , who cried throughout the hearing. 'We moved to a new place because everything at the old place reminded me of my son.' Police arrested Wang and Luo the next day. Zheng is still at large. Wenxuan's case is the third reported fatality in a spate of kidnappings that has caused widespread concern among parents in the city. The death was not announced at the time, and parents accused the Shenzhen police of failing to inform them of the potential danger facing their children. So far, police have confirmed five abductions, but the real number is widely believed to be higher. The string of kidnapping cases was not announced until three boys, aged 11 to 13, were abducted within 27 days in late October and November last year. A government official who worked closely with police said as many as 23 children were kidnapped in Shenzhen last year and three were killed. The father of the most recent victim, in November, said the police were to blame for the death of his son after they failed to issue any warnings about potential kidnappers until after his child was taken. Chen Hao , an 11-year-old from Yuanling Primary School, was kidnapped by a fellow villager on November 17 and his dismembered body was found the next day.