No one blinks an eye any longer when young women in bikinis strut on a stage in front of a mixed audience at a beauty pageant. But when it's young men in Speedos in front of a screaming female-only audience at the televised Mr Hong Kong contest, eyebrows are raised, with TVB being accused of breaching programme standards. Hong Kong Men's Concern Group member Bill Tang Ka-piu said it wasn't just the show's bad taste that the group was unhappy about. 'It is also sexual discrimination,' he said. 'Why do they only have female audiences?' About 10 contestants compete in the annual Mr Hong Kong contest. Each has to give an interview and a performance showcasing a talent, but the highlight for the 800-strong audience of female celebrities, socialites and other invitees who collectively judge them is no doubt when the 'boys' parade in tight swimwear with a 'wet look'. Members of the screaming crowd have been known to lose control and grab the men's hands and bodies. 'Will society accept it if the same rules are applied to Miss Hong Kong and we have girls walking around in bikinis in front of a male crowd and let [the men] judge as well as touch them?' said Tang. He was among the 10 representatives from three groups - the other two were Parents for the Family Association, and the Organisation of Justice and Equality - who met Broadcasting Authority chairman Ambrose Ho Pui-him and officials from the Television and Entertainment Licensing Authority yesterday. Tang said the groups demanded TVB add male judges, alter the show's risque tone and air it at a later hour. A TVB spokesman said the broadcaster was aware of the complaints and had met the concern groups last year to discuss them. However, he said, it was part of the show's format to have female judges only. The spokesman said a male audience would be invited to August 21's Mr Hong Kong contest for the first time, but it would not be sitting at TVB's studios in Tseung Kwan O. Instead, the men would be invited to watch the shows in a 3D format at cinemas at the Elements and Olympic City shopping malls. 'They will also have the right to vote,' he said. 'But we will not have any males in the live audience.' Tang said no consensus had been reached after yesterday's meeting and the concern groups would take their complaint regarding the show's sexual discrimination against men to the Equal Opportunity Commission. The authority said a thorough investigation of such complaints had been conducted earlier this year. In March, the authority announced that the complaints were unjustified.