DISQUALIFIED district board candidate Bruce Liu Sing-lee was yesterday granted leave to seek a judicial review by the High Court to override the decision to bar him from the poll. The hearing is scheduled for next Tuesday but it is believed the Legal Department will apply today to adjourn the case because it needs more time to prepare. Mr Liu hoped the case would not be adjourned for too long so that he could still have the chance to contest the election on September 18. ''A by-election will be held if I miss the date because of the adjournment and I will certainly go for it,'' he said. Mr Liu, represented by United Democrat chairman Martin Lee Chu-ming QC, disputed the returning officer's decision to disqualify him and claimed it contravened the Bill of Rights. He said the returning officer has misdirected himself on the meaning of the Electoral Provisions Ordinance. Mr Liu, a candidate in Wong Tai Sin district, was disqualified on Monday when the returning officer found that he did not have enough sponsors for his nomination, as some of them had earlier sponsored another candidate, Yeung Man-wai. According to law, any elector can only sponsor one candidate in an election. But Mr Liu, vice-chairman of the Association for Democracy and People's Livelihood and elected district board member of Wong Tai Sin, contended that Mr Yeung has been disqualified and those subscribing him should be free to sponsor another candidate. Meanwhile, the Government has finished vetting the eligibility of all the nominees and the number disqualified remains at 10. The list of 757 candidates eligible to stand in the poll will be gazetted today. The number of complaints filed by candidates has increased to 512.