AN electrician's dedication to the job led to his death when he fell from a narrow 12th floor balcony wall while looking at a family's faulty air-conditioner, the Coroner's Court heard yesterday. Li Hing-cheung, 41, was described by Coroner Ian Carlson as 'hard-working and extremely helpful'. He climbed onto the balcony wall and intended to edge his way along a parapet to get a better look at the air-conditioner, the court heard. Mr Carlson said: 'What he was trying to do, I am sorry to say, was extremely dangerous.' He warned those who work on the outside of high buildings to ensure they always used safety harnesses. 'Otherwise, one is literally dicing with death,' he said. Mr Carlson returned a verdict of accidental death. Pathologist Dr Lai Sai-chak said death from multiple injuries, including a severe head wound, cuts, and fractures, would have been instantaneous. The accident occurred at Baguio Villa, Victoria Road, Pokfulam, on May 13.