A businessman told the District Court his mobile phone had been tampered with by his business partner's former mistress after he was taken hostage in Shenzhen. The man, identified only as Mr Y, said he was kidnapped by Ki Chun-yim, 39 - who is accused of blackmailing her ex-lover - and two accomplices. Mr Y said he had thought all along that his business partner, identified only as Mr X, was the main victim. 'But in the Shenzhen incident, I became the main victim,' he said. He was testifying in the trial of Ki, a pub manager, who has pleaded not guilty to nine counts of blackmailing Mr X for a total of HK$139 million. Mr Y said when he was kidnapped by Ki and her two accomplices on November 10 last year, Ki asked him to call Mr X and another business partner, Mr Z. But he was unable to make calls as there were no signals for his mobile phone at the time. 'When Ms Ki told the men behind to let me make phone calls, they put their hands into a bag, then [the phone] started to work,' Mr Y said. He said he was told by officials at the Shenzhen Public Security Bureau that devices had been used to tamper with his mobile phone. Defence counsel Lawrence Lok SC told the court that Ki was detained for more than 20 days after she was arrested in Shenzhen for the alleged kidnap. He suggested Ki was only trying to get Mr Y to contact Mr X on her behalf instead of posing any threats to Mr Y, as he had claimed. Mr Y rejected the suggestion. He said that after he successfully freed himself, he had hired a mainland lawyer to follow up the incident. 'I knew from my lawyer that Ms Ki was later released on bail after her detention period was over,' he said. Mr Y completed giving his evidence yesterday. But at the request of the defence, Mr X will be recalled to the court when the case continues this morning to give evidence about a text message.