Macau's casino gaming revenue is expected to have dropped up to 13 per cent last month, Teledifusao de Macau reported yesterday, citing the city's secretary for economics and finance, Francis Tam Pak-yuen. The city had set a record for tourist arrivals in August despite gaming revenue growth narrowing, said a report posted on the website of the state-controlled television station. That indicated Macau's tourism market was no longer solely driven by the casino industry, the television station cited Tam as saying. A drop in gaming revenue in September would make it the fourth consecutive month of declines. President Xi Jinping's campaigns against extravagance and graft have dented spending by high-stake gamblers in Macau, the only place in China where casinos are legal. Gross gaming revenue in the world's biggest gaming hub dipped 6.1 per cent from a year earlier to 28.9 billion patacas in August, after falling 3.7 per cent in June and 3.6 per cent in July, according to the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau. Last month's figures will be released on Friday. Visa restrictions and a crackdown by the authorities on the use of UnionPay debit cards to transfer money from the mainland have also deterred high rollers, who account for more than 60 per cent of Macau's gaming revenue. The shares of Macau casino operators fell yesterday, before Tam's comments were reported, amid wider share declines in the city. Sands China fell 2.41 per cent to HK$40.50, Wynn Macau slid 2.56 per cent to HK$24.70 and MGM China Holdings dropped 2.83 per cent to HK$22.35, while the benchmark Hang Seng Index lost 1.28 per cent. "Macau growth has decelerated sharply and will remain weak for the next few months," CLSA analyst Aaron Fischer said in a note last week.