What's being said on facebook.com/southchinamorningpost
- Two systems is when Hong Kong has its own system of democracy and China has its own system of communism. How hard is it to understand this concept?
- To me, "a high degree of autonomy" means Hongkongers decide the city's affairs through a city-wide election of all 70 members of the Legislative Council.
- Democracy must be built through open societies that share information. When there is information, there is enlightenment. When there is debate, there are solutions.
- No commies can ever be in the position of lecturing anyone on the law, given their total disregard of any laws that don't suit them.
- The Communist Party desperately needs ... courses in public relations, management and marketing.
- Wise for Leung to ignore such an invitation. He reports to the central government and has no obligation to be drawn into this political stunt by the UK.
- Basically we are witnessing China calling UK's bluff. By refusing the UK Parliamentary committee members admission to HK, the Chinese raised the stakes to an extremely high level.
Seeing that the Communist Party was never democratically elected and neither was C. Y. Leung, it would make sense that they would snub the UK inquiry.