What is SCMP’s digital subscription and how can I access it?
- The subscription allows unlimited access to news, videos and more on the website and app.
- Please visit
Will all SCMP digital content on the website and app require a subscription to access? Will there no longer be free access to any content on SCMP.com?
- Every reader will have access to some free articles each month before they will be prompted with a subscription message.
- Apps remain free to download.
I have an SCMP account - does that mean I automatically have a digital subscription?
- No, however signing up for an account is free and readers are then able to visit
Will SCMP’s print edition continue to circulate?
Will digital access be added to my print subscription automatically?
- Readers are required to additionally subscribe to gain unlimited access to the website and app. To sign up for a digital + print bundle package, please email
Do you have a corporate or academic subscription option?
- Yes, we offer bulk subscriptions to corporations and academic institutions, please contact our Corporate Sales team at
- We do not currently offer an individual student subscription plan but may consider this in the future.
Registration, Login & Access
How do I register for an SCMP account?
- You can register for an account if you’re not already an existing digital subscriber by visiting
- If you are an existing digital or digital + print subscriber, you will already have a registered SCMP account.
Do I have to login to visit SCMP.com?
- If you wish to take advantage of SCMP’s services such as commenting on articles, managing newsletter subscriptions, personalising your news feed, saving articles for later and viewing your reading history, then you will need to log in using an existing account or create a new account for free.
- Logged in users will enjoy enhanced content recommendations as well as an improved ad experience.
What if I have problems signing-in?
- If you forget your password, go to
- Alternatively, you can contact the Customer Support team at
What are your supported browsers for SCMP.com?
- We recognize subscribers may choose to access the website using different browsers. New features are being tested for compatibility with the browsers below, please be advised that some of the site's legacy features or operations (e.g. our transaction calendars), may not be fully supported or operational when accessed through other browsers not listed:
- Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 and above
- Google Chrome 60.x and above on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and above and Mac OS 10.x and above
- Firefox 55.x and above on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 and above and Mac OS 10.x and above
- Safari 8.x and above on Mac 0S 10.x and above
- iOS 8.0 and above
- Android 7.0 and above
What is the SCMP app?
- The SCMP native app is purpose-built for iOS and Android devices which allows users to quickly and easily access the latest news, breaking stories and trending articles as well as our 20 year archive from SCMP.com.
How can I download the app?
- On your iPhone or iPad, access your iTunes account to log in to the App Store, search for 'South China Morning Post' or ‘SCMP’, locate the app and download it directly to your device.
- On your desktop or laptop, access your iTunes account to log into the App store, search for 'South China Morning Post' or ‘SCMP’, find the app and download the app to iTunes. You can then sync the app with your iPhone.
- The iPhone application is designed specifically to work on all Apple iPhones 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XS Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max as well as on iPad Air (1st Gen, 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen), iPad Mini (3rd Gen and 4th Gen), iPad Pro as long as your iOS is 10 or above.
- Use your account details to log in to Google Play, search for 'South China Morning Post' or ‘SCMP’, find the app and download the app directly to your device.
- The Android application has been designed to work on Samsung Galaxy (S6, S6 edge, S10, Note 8, Note 10), ONE PLUS (5T, 6, 6T, 7 Pro), Pixel (2,3), LG (V20) running on Android 5.0 or later.
Payment & Promotions
How do I pay for my digital subscription?
Which currencies do you accept?
- Depending on your geography, some readers will be able to transact in their local currency while others will be required to transact in US dollars.
What are the accepted payment methods?
We accept the following credit / debit cards for payment:
- American Express
As well as the following digital wallets:
- Apple in-app purchase
- Google Play in-app purchase
- AlipayHK (Hong Kong only)
What if I need an invoice to pay for my subscription?
- Individual subscribers can contact
- Corporate subscribers can contact
Do you offer promotion codes?
- Promotion codes are available for certain marketing campaigns and to select SCMP readers by invitation only.
How do I cancel my subscription?
- If you wish to cancel your subscription, you can do so by disabling auto-renew within
- By actioning this you will still enjoy unlimited access until the end of your billing cycle and your subscription will then automatically terminate.
- For more details around refund policy, please visit
- Please visit
How do I order photographs?
- SCMP photos can be ordered by e-mailing
How do I request reprints of articles from the South China Morning Post?
- Reprints of articles from the South China Morning Post are available for purchase. To order a reprint, please e-mail