Nine unbeatable Hong Kong Christmas gift ideas for men in your life
From the humble, homely and practical to the ultimate in fashion and refinement, there’s something here for every man this holiday season
Socks and boxer shorts are ideal Christmas fodder for that difficult-to-buy-for bloke. But why not cast the Christmas gift net a little wider this year. Here are some seasonal suggestions for the man in your life.
1. H&M scented mahogany candle (HK$67) I know what you’re thinking: candles are for women, yoga practitioners and cave dwellers. Well think again. It’s perfectly acceptable for guys to light up a wick, especially when they come in such a masculine and rich mahogany scent. Ron Burgundy eat your heart out.
H&M Home Hang Lung Centre, 2-20 Paterson Street, Causeway Bay
2. Scotch & Soda gilet (HK$1,650) It rarely gets cold enough in Hong Kong to dust off that overcoat, but this stylish sleeveless gilet (it’s French for waistcoat) is sure to get plenty of wear in the changeable months ahead.
Scotch & Soda, IFC mall, Central
3. Habitat Vincennes wooden stationery set (HK$336) This attractive and simple stationery set might be just the inspiration required to bring out the artist or writer in your midst.
Habitat Concept Store , 15/F Windsor House, 311 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay
4. Penhaligon’s mini him set (HK$500) The long-established British perfumers has assembled a sample set of five of the brand’s most famous concoctions for the discerning man.
Penhaligon’s, IFC mall, Central
5. Moncler denim bomber jacket (HK$14,150) Bomber jackets are bang on trend this season and top ofthe tree is shearling. This nifty version from Moncler ticks all the boxes. Result.
Moncler at Harvey Nichols, Landmark Atrium, Central
6. Loake black Oxfords (HK$4,690) A pair of black leather Oxfords might seem a tad boring as a Christmas gift, but it is the dress shoe of choice at moment for fashion editors everywhere. And its timeless style made it the go-to footwear of the protagonists in Kingsman and Spectre, two of 2015’s most sartorially correct films.
Loake at Harvey Nichols, Landmark Atrium, Central
7. Mr Black shoe-care sprays (shoe cleaner HK$120, shoe refresh HK$130) Here are some practical stocking fillers that won’t break the bank and are guaranteed not to end up in the bin by Boxing Day. Let’s face it, most men could put a little more time and effort into caring for their footwear. These thoughtful reminders will give them the kick they need.
Get.Give 14 Po Tuck Street, Shek Tong Tsui
8. Montblanc Meisterstuck Firenze Collection (rollerball HK$18,800; fountain pen HK$19,700; pen pouch HK$3,130) The ultimate gift for the more refined gentleman on your list. It’s a simple concept: a wonderful writing instrument from German masters Montblanc and an exquisite pouch in Florentine leather. A class act.
Montblanc, IFC mall, Central
9. Paul Smith Anglepoise Edition Two desk lamp (HK$2,100) Fashion designer Paul Smith has collaborated with British lamp maker Anglepoise to breathe fresh life into the much-loved Type 75 desk lamp. A must-have for the design-savvy man about the house.
Paul Smith, Landmark Atrium, Central