10 luxury Lunar New Year gift ideas for the Year of the Monkey in Hong Kong
Think red, red, red - from a Tory Burch bag to Tabitha Simmons sandals and Aquazurra stilettos to a Miu Miu backpack
It’s soon the year of the Monkey and apart from Lunar New Year celebrations with the family, banquets galore and while there are those looking to make a quick escape to a beachside resort, there are others that really, really like to shop. Here’s our definitive list for those with some auspicious retail therapy on the mind:
1. For the versatile woman, there’s Tory Burch’s small, red, top-zip buckle tote (HK$3,880) with stars.
2. The cool simplicity of this red Mansur Gavriel bucket bag (HK$4,995) is perfect all year round, and available from Lane Crawford.
3. These flouncy, floral linen sandals by Tabitha Simmons (HK$5,904) from matchesfashion.com are to die for.
4. Bring on some auspicious bling with Miriam Haskell’s gold and pearl floral statement necklace (HK$5,750) from Lane Crawford.
5. Got cash to burn? Go for gorgeous red rubies set within diamonds like these Harry Winston ruby drop earrings (price varies depending on the carats of the stones).
6. We love these glamorous Aquazzura red suede tassel tie stiletto heels (HK$5,600).
7. Claudie Pierlot’s boho Bangkok strap top (HK$1,645) makes for cool, casual daywear.
8. Miu Miu’s rouched, mini leather red backpack (HK$7,750) is cute and playful.
9. These ultra-feminine Rene Caovilla gold, pink and lace applique trainers (HK$8,300) almost seem made for Lunar New Year style, available from On Pedder.
10. What’s a Lunar New Year wish list without something from Shanghai Tang? We love the homeware but this red, silk-lining cashmere jacket (HK$4,980) that’s cleverly reversible, has really caught our eye.