12 lucky red and gold gift ideas for the Year of the Rooster
With Lunar New Year just around the corner, why not treat your loved ones to one of these stylish and auspicious luxe items
A new year calls for new things. Start the year of the rooster in style by updating your wardrobe and home with these 12 lucky Lunar New Year items in red and gold.
1. Time will be on your side with the limited edition Dior VIII Grand Bal Plume watch (HK$241,000) embellished with yellow gold and red dial, alligator strap and oscillating weight decorated with rooster feathers. Only 88 pieces are available.
From Dior, Landmark, Central
2. Tradition calls for new underwear. Forget conservative styles and opt for the racy red lace Marcia bra (HK$1,940) and matching briefs (HK$1,320).
From Agent Provocateur, 8 On Lan Street, Central, tel: 2787 2733
3. This season is all about statement jewellery such as Chloé’s Maddie earrings (HK$5,520). Ethnically inspired, they are made from hammered brass and feature dangling charms.
From Chloé, Prince’s Building, Chater House, Central, tel: 2807 1101
4. Athleisure goes luxe with limited edition H222 sneakers (HK$4,600) in white leather with red and black trim and gold letter “H”.
From Hogan, Pacific Place, Admiralty, tel: 2918 0181
5. Store your essentials in this Grace box bag (HK$13,000) in red grained leather. Modelled on a bag carried by the late actress Grace Kelly, it comes with a handy extra long strap.
By Mark Cross from matchesfashion.com
6. Hit the town in this special edition reversible Moncler jacket (HK$17,750) with mandarin collar in rooster brocade print and quilted down lining.
From Moncler, IFC Mall, Central, tel: 2524 7779
7. The Linear round bead friendship bracelet (HK$1,150-HK$1,400) comes with a vibrant coral cord for good luck. You can engrave each bead with a motif of your choice.
From Monica Vinader, IFC Mall, Central, tel: 3568 6628
8.The number 8 is lucky any time of the year. This limited edition Embrace Lucky 8 pendant (HK$55,208-HK$76,220) in white gold and diamonds comes in two versions.
From Nirav Modi, 1881 Heritage, 2A Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, tel: 2420 6000
9. Store your keepsakes and other mementos in this box (HK$29,800) made from shagreen (stingray). It has multiple compartments for easy storage.
From Shanghai Tang, Duddell Street, Central, tel: 2525 7333
10. Perfect for any party, the Fleming bag (HK$5,180) is made from shimmering metallic gold leather. The tassel is removable and the strap can be adjusted to different lengths.
From Tory Burch, IFC Mall, Central, tel: 2234 7282
11. Make a statement in this show-stopping dress (HK$79,000) featuring romantic layers of tulle and sheer panels.
By Valentino from Harvey Nichols, Landmark, Central, tel: 3695 3388
12. Planning to decorate your home with lucky blooms such as peonies, narcissus and chrysanthemums this Lunar New Year? Display them in this stylish and contemporary vase (US$447) that could pass as art.
By Carlo Morreti from yoox.com