The Great Annual Hong Kong Quiz 2015: The Answers
Give up, quizketeers? Find the answers here!
Wait! Haven't actually done the Great Annual Hong Kong Quiz 2015? Have a go here!
1. Odd One Out
Hong Kong Celebrities: b) Grace Chan. All of the others are Eurasian.
Hong Kong Foods: d) Fish skin dumplings. The rest are misnomers: French toast is not French, Swiss sauce is not from Switzerland, pineapple buns do not contain pineapple and century eggs are not 100 years old. However, fish skin dumplings have skins made from ground fish.
2. Match the Angry Quotes!
1C, 2F, 3A, 4D, 5B, 6E
3. Island Identification
A) Chek Lap Kok B) Peng Chau C) Lamma D) Tap Mun, aka Grass Island E) Chek Lap Kok and Lam Chau, before the airport was built.
4. Tricky Riddle Corner
1) One. “I” was going to Wan Chai.
2) You open the steamer labelled “both.” As all the labels are wrong, whichever dim sum is inside must be the only food it contains.
For example, if you take out a har gau from the “both” steamer, then you can label it “har gau.” Similarly, the steamer which says “siu mai” cannot only contain siu mai, and so it must contain both. Thus the “har gau” steamer actually contains siu mai.
3) “If I were to ask the other CY what door he is guarding, what would he say?” Each answer will be the identity of the door that the CY you ask is guarding.
4) Light both coils of incense, but light one of them at both ends. When that coil burns out (after 30 minutes), light the other end of the second coil, which will then burn out in 15 minutes.
5) The Chief Executive is the boy’s mother.
6. SAR Cryptic Crossword