Kiss The Cook: Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Salad
Monthly recipes from Mango Menus.
This is a filling salad and excellent for using up any leftover noodles or protein (chicken, steak or salmon work well) from the night before, with one of my favourite Asian-style dressings. The key combination here is protein + salad + herbs + peanuts + dressing. The possibilities are endless!
- 150g uncooked noodles
- (rice, egg, buckwheat all work)
- 1 chicken or vegetable stock cube (optional)
- 300g chicken breast, shredded
- (or equivalent amount of meat/fish)
- 150g mixed crunchy vegetables, such as cucumber, celery, carrot or beansprouts
- Handful of peanuts
- Handful of fresh herbs: coriander,
- mint and Thai basil
- Asian dressing
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cook your noodles according to the instructions on the packet. Add a chicken or vegetable stock cube to the boiling water to add a little flavor if you’re feeling it. Drain and allow the noodles to cool.
- Shred your chicken breast/meat/fish.
- Prepare your salad by peeling and chopping the vegetables.
- Mix together ingredients for the Asian dressing.
- Combine salad dressing with the protein and (now cold) noodles.
- Grind your peanuts in a mortar and pestle.
- Chop some fresh herbs on top and sprinkle with the ground peanuts.
- Dress the salad and serve.
Serves 2 adults.