Back to School Checklist
Make sure your little one’s prepared for a great first day.
PUBLISHED : Thursday, 17 March, 2016, 4:08pm
UPDATED : Wednesday, 19 October, 2016, 4:59pm
Encourage your child to pack their own things every day
- Post-it Notes
- Index cards
- Pencil case
Mark Your Calendar
- Start a family calendar to keep track of important appointments
- Mark down commencement meetings for parents and upcoming parent-teacher meetings
- Set a schedule with your child for homework, family activitiesand bedtime
Ready, Set, Go!
- Adjust your kids’ sleeping schedules
- Try on school uniforms to make sure they fit
- Get a back-to-school haircut
- Arrange transportation and practicethe route to school
- Make sure your child has done all their summer holiday homework
- Check that they have all the required vaccinations
- Inform the school of any behavioralor development issues
- Take your child for an eyesight examination
- Enjoy the last bit of summer witha family outing!