Kiss The Cook: Grilled Grapefruit with Mint Infused Sugar
Monthly recipes from Mango Menus.
This week we bring you a couple of ideas for when you are entertaining at home over the Easter holidays. Delight your brunch guests with grilled grapefruit along with a mint-infused (and beautifully green) sugar they can sprinkle on top.
- 2 grapefruits
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- A handful of mint leaves
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Slice your grapefruits in half. Segment them by running a sharp knife around the circumference and then cut out each individual segment by slicing on each side of the white line of pith.
- Place your white sugar and mint leaves in a pestle and mortar and pound it until the sugar turns green. This takes a few minutes.
- Mix your butter, cinnamon and brown sugar together then paste it on the top of each grapefruit half. You can leave some without this mixture in case some guests prefer them au naturel!
- Grill the fruit until brown marks appear on the pith and/or the brown sugar concoction bubbles. Serve the fruits alongside the bowl of green sugar which you can invite your guests to sprinkle on top.
Serves four, with half a grapefruit for one person.