Bollywood’s 10 richest couples, ranked – from Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Khan to cricketer Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma to Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan
Successful Bollywood stars earn hefty salaries from their blockbuster film roles and luxury brand endorsements. Some end up marrying their co-stars, while others have tied the knot with successful tycoons with OTT personal wealths of their own. So what happens when two top-earning celebrities pair up?
Here’s a look at the 10 richest Bollywood couples:
1. Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Khan (US$965 million)
2. Aditya Chopra and Rani Mukerji (US$900 million)
In 2014, she married filmmaker Aditya Chopra, the chairman of the prominent Yash Raj Films (YRF), and together they have a daughter named Adira. Chopra has produced many iconic Bollywood films and his estimated net worth hovers around a staggering US$890 million, according to BollywoodShaadis.
3. Anand Ahuja and Sonam Kapoor (US$662 million)
Meanwhile, Kapoor herself enjoys a reported net worth of US$12 million, mostly derived from film roles, brand endorsements (she is L’Oréal’s ambassador) and her own high-street fashion brand Rheson.
4. Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan (US$405-410 million)
Meanwhile, Jaya Bachchan, his wife of 48 years, has a reported net worth between US$5-10 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth, thanks to her own stint in Bollywood since the 70s.
5. Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna (US$280 million)
The Bell Bottom actor married his wife, actor-turned-author Twinkle Khanna, back in 2001. Her net worth is estimated to be an impressive US$30 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth.
6. Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma (US$167 million)
According to DNA India, Indian cricketer Virat Kohli has a total net worth of US$120 million, thanks to his current gig as the captain of the Indian national team and his lucrative endorsements with brands like Myntra, Uber, Audi and MRF, among others.
Meanwhile, his Bollywood star wife Anushka Sharma has an estimated net worth of US$47 million given her successful career, huge brand deals and her own production house called Clean Slate Films.
7. Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan (US$130 million)
While his parents and wife have snagged a nine-figure net worth, Abhishek Bachchan has a commendable net worth of around US$30 million, according to BollywoodShaadis.
8. Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor (US$100 million)
9. Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone (US$60 million)
Bollywood’s “It Couple” Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone have starred in a number of films together and have been married since 2018. Singh’s net worth is listed as around US$20 million, while Padukone’s is US$40 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth.
Their net worth will likely only increase in coming years considering their increasing pay cheques and business endeavours in the pipeline. Recently, Padukone took to Instagram and announced a new lifestyle brand that’s expected to roll out in 2022 with a focus on beauty and skin care.
10. Ajay Devgn and Kajol (US$46 million)
Ajay Devgn and Kajol have enjoyed a long blissful marriage and successful careers in Bollywood. According to Celebrity Net Worth, Devgan has an estimated net worth of US$30 million thanks to films like Omkara (2006), Rajneeti (2010) and Singham (2011). He also owns a successful production house called Ajay Devgn Films.
On the other hand, Kajol’s net worth roughly stands at US$16 million. This comes from her iconic film roles, lucrative endorsements and owning multiple luxury properties.
- Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan, son of former royal Tiger Pataudi, and former Miss World Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan, have raked in millions
- India’s ‘It Couple’ Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh, who both star in the upcoming film 83, have a combined net worth of US$60 million