Since they moved to California two years ago, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been working on several new projects, ranging from Netflix to Spotify. Much of these were supposed to launch this year in an attempt to bring the Duke and Duchess of Sussex a new Hollywood career and further take their fame away from the royal spotlight. Although the couple are no longer working royals, they will attend this year’s Platinum Jubilee with Queen Elizabeth. But it’s not all been sunshine and rainbows since they left Britain, with a series of unfortunate news delaying many of their aforementioned projects. So how will their American dream fare? Netflix cancelled Meghan’s series Pearl Pearl was supposed to be the couple’s enormous Netflix project in California . According to British media, the streaming platform made a US$140 million deal with the actress, who came on as an executive producer alongside Elton John’s husband, David Furnish. The price of royalty: new details about Princess Charlene’s health scare revealed It was supposed to be Netflix’s first animated series, showcasing a 12-year-old girl learning about famous women in history. It was in collaboration with Meghan and Harry’s Archewell Productions, an organisation set up in 2020 to create scripted series, docuseries, documentaries, features and children’s programming. However, the streaming giant dropped the series during its development stage, together with some other works, due to its cost-saving moves after it suffered a huge decrease in subscribers, per BBC. But it also said that it would continue to work on other projects with Archewell Productions, including Harry’s docuseries Heart of Invictus , which focuses on athletes and injured veterans. Plus, the royal pair is set to release their reality show, which takes a similar approach to The Kardashians . It’s been dubbed Keeping up with the Sussexes , via British media Meghan’s attempt to relaunch her blog The Tig, was rejected Instagram에서 이 게시물 보기 The Tig(@blogthetig)님의 공유 게시물 Besides Netflix’s dropping of Pearl , Meghan’s desire to relaunch her lifestyle blog, The Tig, also failed. The website, which first went live in 2014, was named after her favourite wine, Tiganello. For the “passion project”, Meghan would share the ins and outs on her favourite food, destinations, beauty and wellness secrets, style tips and more. Princess Charlene of Monaco’s royal return: is she finally on the road to recovery? Meghan isn’t the only celebrity to have a personal blog though – she follows in the footsteps of fellow A-listers like Gwyneth Paltrow who has the very successful Goop, Blake Lively with Preserve (now defunct) and Kourtney Kardashian ’s Poosh. The Duchess of Sussex closed The Tig in 2017, not long before she got engaged to Prince Harry. Last year, she reportedly applied to reactivate its trademark name. But it was rejected as the original description of the website was “too broad”. Now she may have to wait another six months before the next application. A previous trademark application for Archewell also failed for the same reasons. Harry’s memoir could be delayed Harry’s “intimate and heartfelt memoir” , with publisher Penguin Random House, is set to be released globally in late 2022. But it may come later to “avoid overshadowing” the Platinum Jubilee, according to royal expert Roya Nikkhah, reported British media. But the Sussexes’ participation in the special celebrations could also feature within the memoir. Nikkhah said it would “provide Harry an opportunity to give his account of attending next month’s celebrations with Meghan and their children, the first time the Sussexes will have been reunited with the royal family for more than two years”. Reunion pressure over Meghan’s father’s ‘possible stroke’ According to multiple media sources, Meghan’s 77-year-old father Thomas suffered a “possible stroke” on May 24. Reports stated that he’d been rushed to a San Diego hospital and was unable to talk. Having already suffered two heart attacks, Meghan’s half-sister Samantha, 57, has accused the duchess of “negligence” when it comes to her dad’s health, reported People . How the Sultan of Brunei Hassanal Bolkiah spends his billions Meghan hasn’t spoken to her dad since 2018, since he staged paparazzi photos for money before his daughter’s wedding, and they’ve since had an estranged relationship. As a result, Harry and the kids have never met him. Apparently though, Meghan has reached out to him since his recent stroke, possibly indicating the start of the father-daughter healing process, British media reported. More top aides quitting While the couple was preparing for their trip to the UK for the Platinum Jubilee, Archewell’s global press secretary, Toya Holness, who ran the couple’s global public relations on both sides of the Atlantic, left the organisation, British media reported. Holness began working with the couple in October 2020 as press secretary and was promoted to the communication head position soon after. She was also called “Meghan’s shadow” for their similar fashion style . Holness was the latest out of at least 12 top aides to quit since their 2018 wedding. Criticism over their obscurity in the US Holness’ quitting attracted some attention – but not for the right reasons. Beatrice Cardenas, a Californian congressional candidate, took to Twitter to write that the couple are pretty much unknown in the state. “‘Global’ press secretary [crying with laughter emoji] Does their fantasy world involve an intergalactic press secretary, too?” she mocked at the job title of the ex-staff member. “They’re obsessed with the word ‘global’. Meanwhile, most Californians have no idea who they are,” she added. Want more stories like this? Follow STYLE on Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and Twitter .