7 K-pop idols who founded their own fashion brands: from Jackson Wang to G-Dragon’s Peaceminusone, Jessica Jung’s Blanc & Eclare and Baekhyun’s Privé by BBH
1. Peaceminusone by G-Dragon (Bigbang)
It’s even accumulated a solid fan base of over 1 million followers on Instagram. But the brand is also known for its many collaborations with Vogue, Giuseppe Zanotti, Redbull and even Disney’s Mickey Mouse. Then here’s also the famous Nike x Peaceminusone Para-Noise Airforce trainers that garnered attention from shoe fanatics worldwide.
2. Blanc & Eclare by Jessica Jung (Girls’ Generation)
Blanc & Eclare (which translates to “white and clear”) offers clean, crisp silhouettes with a high-end price tag.
3. Privé by BBH by Baekhyun (Exo and SuperM)
The 30-year-old K-pop idol has served as creative director for Privé Alliance since 2018, according to All K-pop. Privé by BBH, his own line of casual, cotton basics, is designed to be accessible to everyone, with products priced under US$100, per Vogue.
Recently, BBH hired fellow K-pop idol Yeonjun as a guest creative director and is expected to launch a new limited-time collection this month, reports Envi Media.
4. Staydium by BM (Kard)
In 2019, rapper BM launched his fashion label Staydium. The name combines the words “stay” with “stadium”, a request that Kard fans associate with them so they can play for stadium-sized audiences, per Korean Fashion Trends. The brand’s style is streetwear mixed with athleisure and features hi-tech fabrics.
Run by BM and his parents the brand often addresses social issues. BM’s Big Tiddy merchandise has donated US$20,000 to breast cancer research and proceeds from his Healers collection line go to anti-bullying causes, per Koreaboo.
5. Skull Hong by Lee Hong-gi (F.T. Island)
Lee chooses the fabric and creates many of the graphics himself for a brand that stands out from the crowd.
6. Team Wang Design by Jackson Wang (Got7)
Team Wang Design collaborated with Palm Angels for a line featuring Chinese ink paintings, and had a sparkles collection inspired by Claude Monet’s painting Impression, Sunrise.
7. Tempus Studio by Lee Dong-hae (Super Junior)
The 35-year old K-pop idol launched Tempus Studio with his brother, Lee Donghwa, in 2018. The unisex fashion brand features printed tees, jumpers and loungewear in both natural hues and bright colours.
Tempus Studio is run by Lee Dong-hae’s family, according to K-pop Starz, and features a mix of mid-range to high-end priced items.
- Bigbang’s G-Dragon has worked with Vogue, Giuseppe Zanotti, Redbull, Disney’s Mickey Mouse and Nike for Peaceminusone, while Baekhyun’s BBH hired TXT’s Yeonjun
- Kard’s BM donates part of Staydium’s profits to charity; F.T. Island’s Lee Gong-gi launched Skull Hong; and Super Junior’s Lee Dong-hae has Tempus Studio