12 of the Kardashian-Jenner family’s biggest fashion fails: from Kim’s ‘diaper’ jumpsuit and Kylie’s sewn-on zip at the Met Gala, to Khloé’s exposure on The X Factor and Kendall’s see-through leggings
The Kardashian-Jenner family members are often in the spotlight for their stylish fashion choices, but like most celebrities in the limelight, not all of their outfits are considered slick.
Whether it’s a wardrobe malfunction or straight-up questionable clothing choices, the reality TV stars may have started plenty of trends, but their lesser loved ensembles are no strangers to scrutiny.
1. Kim Kardashian’s baggy “diaper” jumpsuit
However, her younger sister didn’t exactly give it her stamp of approval when Kim showed her the look in the episode. “It kind of looks like you have a diaper on,” Kendall said.
2. Kim’s unzipped dress
Kim got more than she bargained for at the 2021 Wall Street Journal Magazine’s Innovator Awards when she got up to accept an award wearing a Skims x Fendi collection skin-tight leather dress that started to unzip itself the moment she started getting up.
“Thank god I had Skims on, or this would have been a very different kind of show tonight,” she joked.
3. Kim’s floral maternity dress that launched a thousand memes
When Kim stepped out in a floral patterned Givenchy gown for her Met Gala debut in 2013, she had no way of knowing it would be the dress that launched a thousand sofa memes.
Discussing the outfit in a fashion look-back video with Vogue in 2019, she said she broke into tears the whole way home after the gala.
“I was crying, like, the whole way home because I just couldn’t believe it,” she said. “There were all these memes about me and this couch.”
4. Kim’s “yellow jacket moment” faux pas
“One time in Miami where I wore this yellow suede jacket, and it was tighter here [at the wrists] and the sleeves got big and it was cropped, and oversized,” she said, according to the publication. “It would look really cute on someone that was tall and it was not for my body type.”
5. Kendall Jenner’s slightly see-through leggings
It’s unclear whether Kendall, 26, knew that her all-grey post-flight ensemble in Nice, France was sheer.
6. Kendall’s jean shorts on the red carpet
At the time, publications like E! News speculated as to whether she had broken the dress code of the film festival. However, it wasn’t an official Cannes Film Festival party, according to Nylon.
7. Kendall’s jean shorts that had fabric attached to ankle cuffs
Kendall stepped out in LA wearing a pair of white jean shorts that appeared to still have a tiny sliver of fabric draping down each side, attached to the ankle cuffs.
The fashion faux pas went on to be the focus of an article in The Cut, headlined: “Please send Kendall Jenner to the Jorts Court”.
8. Kylie Jenner’s sewn-on zip after her dress burst during a last-minute fitting
Kylie, 25, and Travis Scott, 31, made their Met Gala couple debut back in 2018. However, their red-carpet moment nearly started in disaster after her black Alexander Wang dress burst moments before they headed out the front door, Kylie revealed in a 2020 Instagram Story, as reported by Cosmopolitan.
“This dress wasn’t supposed to have a zip but it ripped as I was squeezing into it, so we added it on the way out the door,” she said, according to the publication.
9. Kris Jenner stepped out in a slightly see-through dress
Kris, then 61, didn’t appear to be aware that her 1970s print dress was sheer, exposing what looked like beige shapewear underneath.
10. Khloé Kardashian’s improvised suit jacket after her T-shirt ripped
“I ended up putting on a really baggy blazer and I looked really menswear chic,” she said. “But the whole time, I’m kind of scrunched over because I don’t really have a top underneath. I’m like, ‘Oh my gosh, what’s happening?’”
11. Khloé’s accidental exposure moment
During her first night co-hosting The X Factor in 2012 alongside Mario Lopez, Khloé suffered a slight exposure-related wardrobe malfunction.
According to Radar Online, she made light of the minor faux pas at the time by tweeting out: “I think I had a little nip action earlier LOL.”
12. Kourtney Kardashian’s white-lace bodysuit that wasn’t quite tailored to her height
The only issue was that the outfit wasn’t exactly tailored to fit her petite frame, and the excess material covered her shoes, seemingly dragging on the floor.
- Kim was criticised by Kendall on The Kardashians for her baggy ‘diaper’ jumpsuit at Milan Fashion Week, and her Fendi dress once unzipped itself to reveal Skims
- Kris wore a very sheer dress when out with Corey Gamble while Kourtney donned a bodysuit that was too long for her – but what about Kim and ex Ye’s ‘yellow jacket moment’ code phrase?