Evangeline Lilly is set to reprise her role as Hope van Dyne in the upcoming Marvel release Ant-Man and The Wasp.
Here are 5 things you may not have known about the Canadian actress.
1) In the original Ant-Man (2015), Hope was just the daughter of Hank Pym (played by Michael Douglas), the creator of Ant-Man’s suit. The Wasp – though mentioned, was Hope’s mother Janet, who died when she disappeared into a subatomic quantum realm. In the sequel, we get to see Lilly take on the mantle of The Wasp, and become the superhero she was meant to be, alongside Paul Rudd’s Ant-Man.
4) Lilly is a Canadian actress from Fort Saskatchewan in Alberta, who was raised in British Columbia, and she majored in international relations at the University of British Columbia.
A post shared by Evangeline Lilly (@evangelinelillyofficial) on Feb 12, 2018 at 5:08pm PST
3) Lilly turned heads with her role as Kate Austen from ABC’s TV series Lost (2004), created by JJ. Abrams. In the action packed adventure, survivors of a plane crash work together to stay alive. Evangeline Lilly stars alongside Matthew Fox as Jack, Ian Somerhalder as Boone, Dominic Monaghan as Charlie, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, and Maggie Grace as Shannon.
4) Lilly doesn’t believe in spending time in the gym, saying: “I haven’t been to the gym in about 10 years and I’ve never had a personal trainer. I’m passionate about #health and #fitness but my days don’t revolve around it.” She does other things to stay active, like taking the stairs instead of the lift, or working in the garden.
#waspworkout ♀️ #stayactive #stayalive . I may be #Canadian but I’m no #lumberjack. That doesn’t stop me from cutting back the tree-sized weeds that threaten to overtake my house all the time. . I haven’t been to the gym in about 10 years and I’ve never had a personal trainer. I’m passionate about #health and #fitness but my days don’t revolve around it. There’s too much else to get done. . I suppose I could pay someone to do a lot of the stuff I do...clean my house, tend my garden, carry my luggage, mind my children, cut my jungle ♀️, etc. . But something in me feels that if I let go of all that, I’d be losing out. Instead of getting my hands in the soil or a poopy diaper, I’d...what? Be reading a magazine on a treadmill? . Being active has always been a part of my life. It makes me feel alive! Sweating till I drip cleans out my system. Laughing till I hurt clears out my mind. Taking the stairs instead of the escalator loves on my body and on the earth. Scrubbing my family’s toilets till they shine says “I love you, even all your sh!t.” . This is my gym. #nature #jungle #life #livin #family #stayinalive#nofilter
A post shared by Evangeline Lilly (@evangelinelillyofficial) on Feb 7, 2018 at 10:31am PST
5) Other notable roles in Lilly’s portfolio are Tauriel from Peter Jackson's three-part adaptation of Tolkien's The Hobbit (2012), and Bailey Tallet in Real Steel (2011) with Hugh Jackman.
Marvel’s Ant-Man and The Wasp is directed by Peyton Reed and stars Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas and Michael Pena. The film opens in Hong Kong on July 4 and internationally on July 6.