The bodies of victims in the New Zealand terrorist attack have started arriving in their home countries as the repatriation process for foreign nationals killed in the twin mosque attack began on Monday, officials said. Masters student Ansi Alibava, 25, was among at least five Indians shot dead by a white supremacist in Christchurch on March 15. Her body arrived at an airport in Kochi, in the southern Indian state of Kerala, early on Monday where it was received by relatives and government officials. It was then taken to her nearby hometown of Kodungallur and put on display – her mother Razia and brother Asif Ali weeping over the coffin – before a funeral. New Zealand to hold national remembrance service for Christchurch massacre victims “She hails from a poor family and her whole family counted on her. She was a girl who took up the challenge to succeed in life in all adverse circumstances,” said KI Noushad, Alibava’s uncle. Alibava was praying at the Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch with her husband, Abdul Nazer, at separate sections, when the terrorist opened fire on worshippers. When gunfire broke out, Nazer managed to flee through an emergency exit but his wife did not make it. He was officially informed of her death 24 hours after the massacre. The relatives of two other Indian victims opted to have their loved ones buried in New Zealand , a spokesman from the Indian High Commission in Wellington said. The body of a 26-year-old man from Pakistan on Monday also arrived at an airport in the southern port city of Karachi. Syed Areeb Ahmed was among nine Pakistanis who were killed in the massacre. His sobbing father Syed Ayaz Ahmed, family members and government officials received his body. Ahmed was an only son who had immigrated to New Zealand for work, according to his uncle Muhammad Muzaffar Khan. Last week, Pakistan observed a day of mourning for the victims and honored another Pakistani, Naeem Rashid, who died along with his son after trying to tackle the gunman. The bodies of foreigners killed by an Australian white supremacist gunman on March 15 are only now beginning to arrive back home after delays stemming from the police investigation into the slaughter. The victims, who came from across the Muslim world, were gathered for Friday prayers at two mosques in the South Island city when the killing spree took place. New Zealand bans military-style weapons after Christchurch attack Brenton Tarrant, a 28-year-old motivated by the white extremist belief that Muslims were “invading” Western countries, was arrested within minutes of the attack and has been charged with murder. The bodies of the Indian victims are believed to be among the first to be repatriated. “I’m not sure about the status of bodies from other nationalities but I can say we went through the process as quickly as possible,” a spokesman for the Indian High Commission in Wellington said. “We completed the procedure within a couple of days of the bodies being released.” Editorial: It should not have taken a tragedy to recognise far-right extremism The two repatriated Indian victims are Ansi Karippakulam Alibava, 23, a masters student from Kerala, and Ozair Kadir, 24, an aspiring commercial pilot from Hyderabad city. The remains of Mahboob Khokhar, a 65-year-old retiree who was visiting his son in Christchurch when he was killed, are en route to India and should arrive about 10pm. The Indians buried in New Zealand are father and son Asif and Ramiz Vora, originally from Gujarat, who had celebrated the birth of Ramiz’s daughter just days before the attack. New Zealand on Monday said it would hold a top-level inquiry to examine what roles that guns, social media and spy agencies played preceding the massacre. Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced Monday that a Royal Commission of Inquiry, the country’s highest form of investigation, would be conducted. “While New Zealanders and Muslim communities around the world are both grieving and showing compassion for one another, they are also quite rightly asking questions on how this terror attack was able to happen here,” Ardern said. Police visited Christchurch attacker before granting him gun licence “In short, the inquiry will look at what could have or should have been done to prevent the attack,” Ardern said. “It will inquire into the individual and his activities before the terrorist attack, including, of course, a look at agencies.” Ardern said the exact terms of the inquiry, including its duration, would be finalised over the next two weeks. She said those agencies will include the country’s domestic spy agency, the Security Intelligence Service, and its international counterpart, the Government Communications Security Bureau. Other agencies to be looked at include police, customs and immigration. A royal commission is run independently from the government and is chaired by a high-court judge. It has the power to compel witnesses to testify and organisations to hand over documents. But it remains up to the courts or government to follow through on any recommendations or findings. New Zealand’s intelligence agencies have come under fire for focussing too much on perceived threats from Muslim extremists and left-wing radicals while not looking deeply enough into possible threats from nationalist groups and white supremacists. “There will be a focus on whether our intelligence community was concentrating its resources appropriately and whether there were any reports that could, or should, have alerted them to this attack,” Ardern said. “It is important that no stone is left unturned to get to the bottom of how this act of terrorism occurred and what, if any, opportunities we had to stop it.” New Zealand has previously held royal commissions into the 2010 Pike River coal mine disaster and building failures during the 2011 Christchurch earthquake. It is currently holding an inquiry into historical abuse in state care.