Smokeless fuel for sale in Ulan Bator. Photo: AFP

Mongolia’s new ‘cleaner’ fuel may be poisoning the residents who burn it to heat homes

  • Since residents started using the smokeless briquettes in October, there have been seven other deaths – mainly children, pregnant women, and the elderly
  • Nearly 1,000 people have been hospitalised in Ulan Bator’s outer slum districts, prompting fears the fuel can cause carbon monoxide poisoning
Topic |   Mongolia

TOP PICKS

Smokeless fuel for sale in Ulan Bator. Photo: AFP
READ FULL ARTICLE