India kills 3 suspected militants in Kashmir gun battle amid Pakistan ceasefire
The gun battle in Indian-administered Kashmir on Tuesday, was the first since a tourist attack nearly sparked war between India and Pakistan

The clash happened after the army’s special counter-insurgency force received information that militants were in Keller forest in the southern Kashmir valley, the army said.
A “search and destroy Operation” was launched, leading to a clash, the Indian army said on social media.
“During the operation, terrorists opened heavy fire and [a] fierce firefight ensued, which resulted in elimination of three hardcore terrorists,” it said.
India accused Pakistan of backing the “terrorists” it said were responsible for the Pahalgam attack – a charge Islamabad denied. Last week, New Delhi launched missiles at sites in Pakistan it said were hosting the militants.