-
Advertisement
China

Update | Beijing man kills two-year-old girl following dispute over parking

Reading Time:2 minutes
Why you can trust SCMP
A bus stop where a Beijing man attacks a woman and severely assaulted her baby. Photo: screenshot via Beijing Times
Months after a Jilin man kidnapped and killed a two-month-old baby, China is yet again shocked by a brutual attack on a two-year-old girl in Beijing
A 41-year-old man, identified by police as an ex-convict surnamed Han, was seen snatching the baby from her stroller and dropping it on the pavement after arguing with her mother on Tuesday evening in a parking dispute on a street in Beijing’s Daxing district, Beijing Times reported on Thursday.

Han had been sitting in the front passenger seat of a white sedan driven by a male companion. They intended to park the car near a bus stop where the woman had stopped to check on her daughter, said the report. Han gestured for her to move, but the woman refused. Enraged, Han got out of his car and physically attacked the woman, said a witness and nearby business owner, surnamed Zhou.

Advertisement

“He then took the baby from its stroller and smashed it to the ground with great force,” Zhou said.

A man, who had been driving the car Han had been seen in, then got out and attacked the woman, Zhou added.

Advertisement

The two men returned to their car and drove away. The mother, traumatised by the attack, wept and then carried the baby to a nearby hospital, which referred her to another hospital to treat the child's severe injuries.

Some newspapers said the baby died in an ambulance while travelling to the second hospital.

Advertisement
Select Voice
Select Speed
1.00x